The blood left in the umbilical cord after a child's birth is currently known to be one of the best sources of stem cells like those found in bone marrow. It's been utilised as a part of transplants to treat more than 85 medical conditions including leukemia, lymphoma, sickle-cell disease, and some metabolic disorders.
Cord blood collection is simple, safe and risk-free. The cord blood is collected after birth, once the umbilical cord has been clamped and cut so it is a non-invasive procedure and not painful at all.
Since the first successful sibling to sibling cord blood transplant was performed for a boy who was cured from a hereditary issue called Fanconi’s Anemia, the cord blood stem cell industry has come very far. Many private banks have opened around the world that allows you to store cord blood for the safety of your child’s future.
Granted, there never may arise the need where you have to use the cord blood, but it is still advisable that you do it and many parent’s around the world do it as an insurance for their child’s health in the future.
5 Reasons to Consider Cord Blood Banking
- The stem cells found in the cord blood have been used in over 40,000 transplants worldwide including treatments for life-threatening conditions such as leukemia, neuroblastoma and lymphoma.
- Cord blood stem cells are potentially the only treatment for cerebral palsy.
- It is currently estimated that 1 in 3 people will benefit from regenerative medicine using stem cells in their lifetime.
- Stem cells in umbilical cord blood CAN and DO save lives.
- Cord blood banking is a simple and safe process that happens after birth.
WATCH VIDEO: Why Save the Umbilical Cord Blood
We all can see the pace at which technology is growing and the things which were just dreams and concepts are now becoming reality. There is no denying with the fact that in near future umbilical cord blood stem cells will be used to treat many other incurable diseases and currently extensive research is been conducted for its application in the treatment of brain diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Cerebral Palsy, and more.
Thousands of parents have already taken the unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to store their children’s cord blood stem cells. Joining them allows your child to take full advantage of incredible stem cell treatment opportunities that may arise.
Would you like to take this insurance for your unborn child? Call us now and speak to one of our cord blood banking specialists at 971 3 3116613.