Blog

3 Important Things to Do When Saving Your Baby's Cord Blood

A newborn baby's umbilical cord blood is rich in young stem cells that could be used to treat many conditions such as fanconi anaemia, leukaemia, multiple myeloma, sickle cell anaemia, and more. Collecting the cord blood at the time of birth is a unique opportunity only available for expecting parents.

Instead to throwing away the umbilical cord, parents can opt to save the cord blood with a private cord blood bank to protect their baby and family's future health. Cord blood banking is possible whether you are planning to have a normal birth or caesarean, and even if you want to delay the cord clamping.

There are a number of online resources you can check out if you want to learn more about the benefits of umbilical cord blood and how cord blood banking works. Here are our top recommended websites to help you get started.

And if you have decided to go with private cord blood banking, here are some of the important things to do when saving your baby's cord blood at birth.

Read More

Expecting Parents' Guide to a Successful Cord Blood Banking

Saving a newborn baby's cord blood after birth, most commonly known as cord blood banking, is nowadays highly regarded among the medical community as well as many parents, who are aware of the positive effects that it can bring for future sickness and medical conditions.

If you are one of those parents who decided to store your baby's cord blood with a private cord blood bank, signing the contract is just the first step. Here's a simple guide for a successful cord blood banking experience.

Read More

Using Placental Stem Cells to Treat In-Utero Patients with Spina Bifida

A research team from UC Davis Health has been working in collaboration with the Fetal Surgery Department at the medical campus in recent months. They are working together to launch a groundbreaking clinical trial which will treat in-utero patients suffering from a birth defect called spina bifida using placental stem cells.

Read More

FAQ: What Happens to My Child's Cord Blood Sample if I Bank it Privately?

Choosing to store your baby's cord blood sample with a private cord blood bank is one of the best decisions you will ever make. Cord blood is an abundant source of valuable stem cells that are currently used to treat over 85 medical conditions including leukaemia, multiple myeloma, fanconi anemia and more. Cord blood stem cells are also being used in clinical trials to potentially treat autism, cerebral palsy, alzheimer's disease, stroke, hearing loss, brain injury and more.

This article will explain the steps involved when you decide to bank your child’s cord blood in a private cord blood bank.

Read More

Stem Cell Therapy, A New Multiple Sclerosis Breakthrough in 2021?

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a devastating neurological disease that affects millions of people worldwide. It occurs when the protective layer that surround the brain’s nerve cells break down, interfering with the electrical impulses that travel along each nerve.

Read More

Umbilical Cord Stem Cells for Severely Ill COVID19 Patients

According to the latest statistics, only 60% of the patients with COVID-19 admitted to an intensive care unit will survive. The other 40% succumb to the virus, leaving behind devastated families and friends.

A group of Canadian researchers believes that umbilical cord blood stem cells could greatly improve the chances that these severely ill patients will survive.

Read More

Umbilical Cord Stem Cells Eased Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa (RDEB) Symptoms

Researchers have already discovered that the mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) contained within umbilical cord blood have remarkable regenerative properties. They are capable of repairing tissue, reducing inflammation, moderating the immune system and much more.

Read More

Footballer Ashley Cain's Daughter Receives Cord Blood Transplant to Treat Leukaemia

Professional footballer Ashley Cain was devastated when he discovered that his daughter Azaylia was diagnosed with leukaemia at only two months of age. Any child would struggle to beat leukaemia, let alone a tiny infant.

Read More

Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month: 10 Facts You Should Know

Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month is an international event designed to raise awareness of cystic fibrosis and to share the stories of people who are battling this dangerous condition. In this article, we'll share 10 facts about cystic fibrosis to help you learn more about this condition.

Read More

Recent Posts